Langsley T Russell wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I am very new to Linux so forgive me if my questions are terribly basic.
>
>I downloaded Mozilla 1.1 From the Mozilla website. and actually managed
>to install it in what Mozilla refers to as the default location
>(/usr/local/Mozilla). However it does not appear in my software manager
>or on the main menu. I am only able to access it by going to the file
>manager and clicking on all the appropriate links.
>
>The only version of Mozilla which appears in the software directory is
>0.9.8 which came bundled with Mandrake 8.2, the version I'm currently
>running.
>
>What must I do to get this new version of Mozilla to appear in the
>software list and become more fully integrated into my system?
>
>I tried removing version 0.9.8 but was informed that removing it would
>also remove gnome-core, nautilus, and a number of other files so I left
>it in place believing it to be safer.
>
>Anny assistance would be *greatly* appreciated.
>
>TIA
>
>LTR

Mandrake Control Center-System-Menu,
then either for user, system or both configure a menu entry.
It's fairly intuitive, you gave the command line:-

/usr/local/Mozilla
add an icon , and if you wish drag and drop to desktop.

You can remove the mandrake version as you wish,but if it says you need it for
nautilus I'd leave it and just remove old menu entry.

Cannot add to software manager as it's in essence a tar ball install hense /usr/local
mozilla, via the net, and therefore not
an rpm version, which would of automatically added it to rpm data base.

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]