There is another weblog - postnuke
www.postnuke.com
that was formely based on phpnuke but is completely rewritten for now.
I have made some sites based on that and on my oppinion it works far better than
phpnuke.
Not maybe for performance wise , but the way on customization and administration side
7 times more advanced. lot of themes, lot of modules and so on.

There is also a big difference between phpnuke and postnuke

PHPNuke is open source but closed development with one man ruling it (FB), based on
what he likes.

POSTNuke is open source and open development with more that 100 developers around.

Klemm