On 11 Sep, Stuart Burbridge wrote:

> Thanks for that one Matt.
> I've been wondering for ages where to go to increase the screen width so that
> my Penguin wasn't broken at startup but thought it too trivial, compared to
> other's problems, to bother the list with.  Now he's fixed and my system is one
> more step closer to perfection.  Hurray.
> Stuart

You may be interested in some of the VGA text modes you can set with
LILO on boot... try adding this line to /etc/lilo.conf:
        vga=ask
Put it in the section for your kernel (like just under the image=
line).  Be sure to re-run `/sbin/lilo` after the change.  This will let
you select different resolutions for your consoles- some of the higher
ones are (I think) 132 lines across by 86 lines down, or something
similar.  That gets you some pretty small text, though, and I wouldn't
recommend something that high without a good-sized monitor (say, 19" at
least).

--
-Matt Stegman
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>