On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 05:53:40 -0700 (PDT)
teddy wl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi.. I'm newbie in Linux...
> I'm from Indonesia.
> I've some question
> 1. i've cisco router 2600 and cisco catalyst switch
> 1900series. usualy I setup my cisco device with
> Hyperterminal under M$ Window$. My computer just
> installed Linux Mandrake 8.2 KDE 3.0.2. I want to
> setup my cisco device with my linux. What application
> is the same Hyperterminal in Linux. I hope all of you
> help me to find application is the same with
> hyperterminal (windows apps) in Linux.

Minicom, it's on your CD's.

> 2. I've 2 computer. first komputer installed MDk8.2,
> KDE 3.0.2, Soundcard Ensoniq, and TV Capture for
> watching TV. 2nd computer the same as first computer
> but did not have a tv tuner card. I want watching TV
> in 2nd computer, but how to loading xawtv from first
> computer, and i watching in 2nd computer. i try this
> command
> # xhost +<ip_first_comp>
> # telnet <ip_first_computer>
> [user@comp_first user]#xawtv -display ip_2nd_comp:0
>
> that command is work, and i can watching tv in 2nd
> computer, but the sound is not work, i just look a
> picture and no sound louded.
> Maybe all of you can give me some sugestion, how to
> watching tv in 2nd computer, but the tv tuner card in
> first computer and also i can hear the sound in 2nd
> computer.

I don't know. It is possible to stream audio over a network
( http://sound.condorow.net/ -> Network Audio) but I
don't think it's easy. Maybe you can just connect
an analog out from your first  computer's soundcard to
an input from your second  computer's soundcard?

Oh, I just found this: KDE Control Centre -> soundserver
allows you to 'enable network transparency'. I don't know
anything about it :( One thing to remember: I think
'normally' analog sound from your TV card goes to an
analog input on your soundcard (on the PCB itself) and
then to an analog output on the back of the soundcard.
So you would at least have to make your soundcard
do analog -> digital conversion before streaming over
a network.

> I'm so sorry, if my english is to bad. But i hope all
> of you understand. Thank you... thank you..
>
> Teddy Widhi Laksono

HTH,

    -Frans