Randy Kramer wrote:

>http://www.twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/LinuxBackupAndRestore
>
>regards,
>Randy Kramer

I downloaded  partimage-shared-0.6.1-1-mdk81.i586.rpm, and for once it
installed without
fuss on my M8.2,

I had to resort to command line only since the first gui windows just
would not let you
accept a choice in anything.

It took me some time to figure out the command line which I got to work with
partimage -z2 -o -d save  --volume=700000 /dev/hda9
/mnt/ext2-vol6/downloads2/MD82001.partimg.gz

and this seems to be ok, so now I must write to CD

Question is, How on earth do you restore, I know you change the save
command to restore
that is obvious.
I mean how do you restore two image file CD's of your OS,when you don't
have an OS to
operate the restore programme on. Surely you have got to create a floppy
version that
could be run in conjunction with M8.2 CD1. But if so I don't see how do
do it.
Anyone got some suggestions. I don't see how you can restore an OS onto
itself.
John

--
John Richard Smith