Even better would be to place the /home partition on a completely separate
drive from the system drive (on the off chance that your system drive goes
bad).  Of course, if you don't have a second drive available, then the
suggestion below is perfectly fine in most cases.

Most servers I've set up have 3 separate hard drives.  One is a dedicated
system drive, one is a dedicated /home drive, and the other is a dedicated
backup drive.  I also typically set up remote encrypted backups as quickly
as possible.

Michael

--
Michael Viron
Project Manager / Primary Developer / Manager of Online Operations

<snip>
>If you don't have a serperate /home partition then it would be a good
>idea to partition your drive so that you do. That way if anything
>terrible would happen to your installation, such as being mercilessly
>attacked by the user in such a way that the system gets hosed, then your
>data files are safe and remain uneffected by the mishap.
<snip>