Dear All,

After reinstalling my LM8.2  there have been some different outcomes
which promise me some better luck here. I got a new network card so that
I could disable the onboard lan card on my Via Tech board. The onboard
card worked but presented an irq conflict. The new card cleared that up.
I hooked up my HP deskjet 940c USB style instead of through the parallel
setup and that seems to work better now. My HP ScanJet 4300C is detected
correctly and is listed with my USB printer in the Control Center. I do
not think I can use it without applying the niash patch to the sane
source package. My sound previously would only work with the OSS
commercial driver. Now, I want to try to get it working without it. It
finally shows up with IRQ 9 and does not conflict with anything like it
would before. My system sounds seem to be working at this time. There is
still some kind of conflict somewhere unfortunately because I cannot
access a terminal right now. I can access Mozilla again but not the
terminal. Before I rebooted, I could access the terminal but not
Mozilla. I cannot seem to get everything working all together.

My system is a brand new Athlon XP 1600+ with 512 megs of ram and an
elitegroup motherboard with Via tech chipset, onboard sound, video, and
lan (I disabled this). Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Marcia