Langsley T Russell wrote:
> Thanks to all the help I've gotten here, I managed to install Mozilla
> 1.1 and get most of the plugins installed as well. The only one which is
> giving me a problem is Java. With all the others I simply copied the
> files from the old Mozilla or Netscape. When I did the same with the
> Java plugin it copied the file fine except that the original has a
> "points to" option and the copied one does not.
>
> Now if I open a page with Java Script Mozilla crashes. How can I correct
> this?
>
> How can I add the "points to" option to this or any other file. I noted
> that this is a shared file but I don't know how to configure file
> sharing. Is there someplace in the documentation I can find this
> information or is this even what I want to do?
>
> Thanks again for all the help.
>
> LTR

it sounds like it might be a good idea to reinstall Mozilla after saving
all your bookmarks, email, and address book, destroy your .mozilla dir,
reinstall Mozilla and then restore your backed up files. _then_ install
all the plugins by downloading them from the plugin download places
thereby allowing Mozilla itself to manage the plugin installation.

The java plugin can be a real SOB. I've found that Mozilla 1.0 does it
best and 1.1 does it the worst. I bet you can easily guess which verion
of Mozy I'm running. ;)

Mark