I am installing Linux-Mandrake 6.0 on a Cyrix P166+ machine with 32mb of
RAM.

I have an STB Velocity 3D PCI (4mb) video card and a Princeton Ultra 17+
monitor and can not, for the life of me, get things configured so that I
can run KDE. I have attempted letting the install program probe things
and this has gone better than in the past. It probes without crashing
but it always reports that there is a problem setting things up and
cannot start X.

So I have been trying to do the XF86Config file on my own (reading from
_Running Linux_) but it would seem that I am not smart enough. Ugh!

Here are the problems I'm having:

Squashed screen (doesn't fill the whole monitor) either it loses half an
inch on bottom and one side or it is a letterbox screen.

Mouse pointer is a one-inch white square.

Wavering image or totally blurred.

Left side of icons (on left side of monitor) cut or both cut and
duplicated over on the right side.

That's probably enough for now. Any ideas? If anyone wanted to help me
out with an XF86Config file, I would love it. I think that my problems
are coming in the ModeLine area. I just can't seem to get anything going
there.

I have manuals on both the card and the monitor and will gladly provide
more details.

Thanks.
--
bgf