A follow up on this one… the advice I got was to simply copy the patch.pl file onto the boot disk, but when I try and do that (at least in windows) the disk is locked, and I can’t do anything.  How do I go about unlocking the disk so that I can put the patch on there.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of John Silson
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2002 7:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] boot patch for PI machines

I think I've got the first problem from the errata page on the mandrake site.  I’m trying to load mandrake onto a Pentium I machine, but when I get to the package selection stage of the install, no packages appear.  Apparently what I need to do is make a disk with the patch mandrake provides… the only problem is that I'm using a pcmcia cd-rom to load mandrake onto my machine, so I have to boot with a disk instead of the cds.  So, how do I make the appropriate disk that contains both the pcmcia boot image, and the patch??

john