Derek,

Thank you for your help.  I reinstalled Mandrake 8.2 without Samba and I
still could not upgrade.  It seems that there are some dependencies that
I am not aware of.  It gives me a few errors.  However, a more pressing
PROBLEM is this:  after I install all is well.  after an initial logon,
when I try to reboot or shut down the server, I get an error like
"Unmount NIS filesystem   [FAILED]" and the server hangs.  My hardware
configuration is as follows:

3 Ultra 160 17.55GB Fujitsu SCSI Drives
Adaptec 2110S RAID Card
RAID 5 Configuration

Any ideas why the unmount fails?  I don't have this problem on a test
server with an IDE drive.  The SCSI drives are terminated correctly and
all of the drives are new, as is the RAID card.  I don't believe that
there is any hardware conflicts at all.  I appreciate your help.  Have a
great day.

Sincerely,

Robert Dempsey
Atlantic Dominion Solutions