Hello,

        I have a Mandrake 8.2 box with the following hardware configuration:

Adaptec 2110S RAID Card
3, 18 GB Fujitsu Ultra160 10K RPM SCSI Drives
RAID 5 Configuration (configured through the Adaptec card)

Installing Mandrake 8.2 is no problem.  The problem occurs after the
initial log on and configuration - on shut down, I receive the error
"Unmounting of NIS filesystem        [FAILED]"  and the system locks up.
  I am forced to do a hard reboot, and the system comes back up and auto
logs itself on.  I am hoping that someone can help me with this.  I
thank you all for your help in advance.

Sincerely,

Robert Dempsey
Atlantic Dominion Solutions