-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Les Henderson
Sent: Thursday, 19 September 2002 12:01 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] msec question

I've been using wvdial on my LM8.1 box to connect to my ISP.  I've not
been able to get a normal user account to be able to use wvdial.  I keep
on getting the error message "Device or resource busy".  I can use it fine
if I su to root first.  I've tried setting the permissions of the device
to rwxrwxrwx, but the permissions always are changed to rwxr-xr-x when i
use wvdial.  I am pretty sure that msec is changing the permissions of
the device when pppd is started.  Any idea what changes I need to make to
get wvdial to work for a normal user?

Les Henderson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]