On Thu, 2002-09-19 at 16:05, Gabriel Gonzalez wrote:

> Hello all,
> Just I have installed by first time the mandrake 8.0 and I would like to
> register this but I get this software thought a magazine and does not had
> included the Serial Number. What I can do to get one Serial Number or How I
> can register the software?

Unlike Windows or MacOS, with Linux software there's usually no such
thing as registration and there certainly isn't any with Mandrake Linux.
In fact, Linux is based on a _completely different_ philosophy from
other operating systems, as you'll see here:

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.es.html

One of the best things about Open Source / Free Software is that, even
when the software costs money, you just pay it. There are no
registration codes, serial numbers or other things to lose :)

Should you decide that you want to reward MandrakeSoft for their efforts
there are at least two things you can do:

i. buy a boxed set from http://new.mandrakestore.com/

ii. join the Mandrake Club http://www.mandrakeclub.com/

Alastair