Well, it's hard to tell with what you have here where to start, but I know
one very common problem when using boot disks is that they have a very
high failure rate (boot disks and images are VERY sensitive to minor
errors or copy problems.  I've seen a guy go through 6 or 7 bad boot disks
when doing a disk-based debian install at the local lug).

Can you use any other installation methods, such as installing from the
hard drive?  If you have another computer available, can you perhaps put
the disk drive for the computer you want to install linux on into another
system that can boot from the CD drive?

How are you making the boot disks?

Have you looked into the BIOS to make sure there are no options like "Boot
Order"?  If the BIOS are very old, can you upgrade them (BE CAREFUL with
this, last resort if possible!) ?

Details are prerequisite for any good answer.

Later,
 David

"Without the Law, there is no Liberty.  Without Justice, there is no Law."