On Sunday 22 Sep 2002 4:30 pm, you wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:12:47 +0100, Anne Wilson
>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > From time to time I have had problems with an OO save, causing a
> > spontaneous logout.  The worry is that sometimes the save has
> > completed OK before the logout, and sometimes the document is
> > corrupted, making it difficult if not impossible to resurrect the
> > data.
> >
> > For text documents I have laboriously opened them in a text editor and
> >
> > stripped out all control codes, saving the day, but I'm very worried
> > about the possibility of losing crucial spreadsheet data.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?  What did you do about it?
>
> I've never experienced those sorts of problems. Tell more about your
> instalation (this is standard for the download from OOorg:
> 1. Network install  (# ./setup -net)  to e.g. /opt/OOo101/
> 2. Workstation install ($ ./setup from /opt/OOo101/)
>     to /home/<user>/OOo101
>
> regards,
> Richard.
>
> > Anne

This is going to sound really stupid:  I can only half-remember installing
it.

I think it was from Mandrake's disk3.  It's a user install, into
usr/lib/openoffice, and the main files are dated 13/03/2002.  Much of the
time I have no problem, but just occasionally these crashes, which always
seem to happen just as I am saving a file.

Anne