I find Opera fastest for most pages. It also loads much faster and is less
memory intensive.  On the other hand, Galeon (1.25) does a better job of
rendering certain pages that are Internet Exploder optimized...Java too,
especially forms  (Mozilla 1.x does the best job here.)  Lastly, Konqueror is
convenient if you are also using it as a file manager.  I find that I end up
using multiple browsers.
Just my $0.02.
Paul