On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:01:47 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I recently installed Gqview, which allows browsing of my photo
> directories.  This week I decided to try my elderly Camedia C1000L with
> Gphoto - it uses a serial connection, you can guess how old it is.  No
> problem - program starts, camera is on list, program works!  Great.  All
> I lack, then, is a program to allow printing several photos to a page; I
> had two or three such in windows. Wait a mo, though - do I really need
> this?  KWord is frame based and should do the job.  And of course it
> does, no problems at all.
>
> It just shows, I've been using Mandrake for 6 months now, and pretty
> well full time for about four, but still I find myself thinking of the
> windows way of doing things, instead of simply analysing and attacking
> the problem.  I'm pleased to say that most things are solved as easily
> as this, once the blinkers are off.  It's sad, though, that there are
> still a few - very few - things that I can only do in windows.  The day
> will come, though...
>
> Anne

Anne,

John Richard Smith and I were working on a script that uses ImageMagick's
montage to automatically generate a composite image suitable for printing
on a4 paper. The limitations right now are

1. images must all be the same size
2. images must all have the same orientation (unless you plan on
separating them)

It works on an entire directory.

http://clevername.homeip.net/moco

Todd