On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:04:57 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 25 Sep 2002 1:29 am, you wrote:
> > On Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:01:47 +0100
> >
> > Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I recently installed Gqview, which allows browsing of my photo
> > > directories.  This week I decided to try my elderly Camedia C1000L
> > > with Gphoto - it uses a serial connection, you can guess how old it
> > > is.  No problem - program starts, camera is on list, program works!
> > > Great.  All I lack, then, is a program to allow printing several
> > > photos to a page; I had two or three such in windows. Wait a mo,
> > > though - do I really need this?  KWord is frame based and should do
> > > the job.  And of course it does, no problems at all.
> > >
> > > It just shows, I've been using Mandrake for 6 months now, and pretty
> > > well full time for about four, but still I find myself thinking of
> > > the windows way of doing things, instead of simply analysing and
> > > attacking the problem.  I'm pleased to say that most things are
> > > solved as easily as this, once the blinkers are off.  It's sad,
> > > though, that there are still a few - very few - things that I can
> > > only do in windows.  The day will come, though...
> > >
> > > Anne
> >
> > Anne,
> >
> > John Richard Smith and I were working on a script that uses
> > ImageMagick's montage to automatically generate a composite image
> > suitable for printing on a4 paper. The limitations right now are
> >
> > 1. images must all be the same size
> > 2. images must all have the same orientation (unless you plan on
> > separating them)
> >
> > It works on an entire directory.
> >
> > http://clevername.homeip.net/moco
> >
> > Todd
>
> I'll take a look at that.  I'm puzzled about ImageMagick, though.  My
> menu offers me ImageMagick Display, so I thought IM was installed, but
> selecting that does absolutely nothing.  Is this just a module that's
> loaded to use with one of the other apps?  Do I need to look for the
> full app on the disks?
>
> I'll explore this afternoon if I can get time, but I'm running out of
> that right now, as I am away for a good week from Friday.
>
> Anne

ImageMagick is more like a collection of programs that do different
things--display (show an image), mogrify (resize), convert (change format
and resize), montage (combine many to one). I set my stystem up so that
clicking an image file opens it using display.

Once an image is open, you can right-click it and get some options. I
prefer using it for batch processing images. Man ImageMagick will give you
the lowdown, or visit imagemagick.org.

Todd

--
Todd Slater