On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 06:23:06AM +0500, Angus Auld wrote:

> > On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 06:49:09AM +0500, Angus Auld wrote:
> > >
> > > I wonder if someone would tell me how to get the output of my terminal to a
>file? I tried adding ">{filename}.txt" after the "rpm --rebuild {filename}.src.rpm"
>command, but it doesn't seem to transfer all of the output to the file.
> > ---------------------------------------
> > Tue Sep 24 14:16:38 CDT 2002
> >
> > I use "script" Angus,  before I start the project I start a script and
> > it puts everything done subsequently into a file..it works nice. see
> > "man script".
> >
> > Olly P
>
> Thanks Olly P, I'll check out "man script".
>
> All the best.

Tue Sep 24 21:19:20 CDT 2002

Reading my reply to you Angus, I did not make it as clear as I should
have..It sounds like I was talking about writing a bash script but
"script" is a program that makes text files. It has nothing to do with
regular expressions and such.

I didn't want you to just put it in the "too hard to do" file. If you
read the manpage "man script" it explains it in about a hundred words or
less..it is very simple to use, just type  in a terminal  script
whatevername.txt and hit enter..it will say.  script started (the
name.txt.  When you are done type "exit" and it will say script stopped.

your file will be in the working directory.

Olly P

--
  9:18pm  up 5 days, 46 min,  8 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00