On Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:31:14 -0700 "Schwenk, Jeanie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there a recommended backup system for mandrake?  We use legato on all our
> other operating systems here but I was just informed by our sysadmin that
> linux-mandrake is not supported.   I need a backup system because my linux
> machine is now utilized by everyone in our department and the database is
> growing.  Can't afford to lose this data.

The usual Free Software suspect is amanda:

http://www.amanda.org/

There are Mandrake packages in contribs, for example:

ftp://ftp.club-internet.fr/pub/unix/linux/distributions/Mandrake-devel/contrib/RPMS/

(amanda-client ... and amanda-server ...).

If you want something commercial bru (which I used 12 years ago on SunOS!) is the way
to go:

http://www.tolisgroup.com/

Alastair