On Wednesday 25 September 2002 07:00 am, robin scribbled something about:
> Charlie M. wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 September 2002 4:27 pm, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > I know it won't do anything except make me feel better. However this is a
> > copy of an e-mail I sent to the AMD hardware support address
> > ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) earlier today with the subject line:
> >
> > AMD, Microsoft, Palladium, and the future.
>
> Very nicely put.  I suggest you post it, or better, a link to it, widely
> (/., kuro5hin, general press etc.).
>
> OTOH, I'm still considering buying an Athlon chip in the near future.  I
> don't want Intel, so what other choice is there?

        If you want something widely supported that is based on proven technology, I
think AMD is the ONLY choice. I have two dual AMD MP 1900+ boxes that work
beautifully. My only regret is not getting SCSI but I'm still not sure if it
would make that much of a difference in speed since I don't do anything that
is i/o intensive... but it would be nice to have.
        Anyway, IMO if you have the cash and need a fast machine, go with a dual AMD
setup.

-Gary