Hi everyone,

After a browse through the archives, I need to resort to your knowledge.

I tried getting my Logitech Trackman to work as a USB device. Mousedrake
complains that /dev/usbmouse does not exist when I select the "USB | Wheel"
option. (/dev/mouse is pointing to /dev/usbmouse then.)

When I hook it up through the PS/2 connector it works again (PS/2 Wheel
mouse, /dev/mouse -> psaux).

Does anyone know what it takes to get this to work?
I run MDK 8.2 on an AMD 1.2Ghz, 256 Ram with a plain 2.4.18 kernel.

USB is detected and loaded, and I can see it in Harddrake:

 Vendor: VIA Technologies, Inc.
 Model: VT82C586B USB
 Kernel Module: usb-uhci
 Bus Type: PCI

A Cat of /proc/pci shows:
  Bus  0, device   4, function  3:
    USB Controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UHCI USB (rev 22).
      IRQ 5.
      Master Capable.  Latency=32.
      I/O at 0xd000 [0xd01f].

Does anyone know the magic command?
I am trying to establish that USB is actually working because I want to buy
a new digital camera. This only has USB support, no more serial cable.

Thanks,
Paul

S--
Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.
-Donald Marquis

http://nlpagan.net    -    Linux Mandrake 8.2     -   Sylpheed 0.8.3
Help Microsoft combat software piracy: give Linux to a friend today!