I am running Mandrake 7.2, but would like to upgrade to 8.2, which I presume
should be better. However when I tried to do an upgrade, I lost all my Wine
settings. I need to run Wine, so I can use a couple of Windows applications,
which  do not appear to yet have Linux equivalents. They are Quicken and
Agent.

It appears that Wine now stores its config files in a different location and
uses a different syntax. Is this correct, or can I still use my old
configure file.

I also lost read/write access to my windows partition except when logged on
as root. There did not appear to be an easy way of changing permissions, but
perhaps I could not find it. I tried editing my fstab file but then go
errors on boot up. Again can I preserve my present fstab file, or is there
an easy way of giving users full access to my windows partition.

I hope someone can find the time to answer these queries, or perhaps the
only interest is in people using versions 8 onwards.
Bernard Victor
[EMAIL PROTECTED]