----- Original Message -----
From: "Angus Auld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2002 12:43 PM
Subject: [newbie] xtra cd's in powerpack?

> Hi there all,
>
> Could anyone tell me what is on the xtra 4 cd's that comprise the
powerpack edition, as compared to the standard or download
editions...besides StarOffice 6?

> I don't need to know every package, but what is the bulk of the cd's taken
up with? Is it things that a newbie like me would have need of?

> I can't decide if I need the 7 cd version or the standard.
> I'm on a dialup, so if the xtra cd's will provide packages that I may use,
it would be worth the $'s to get them on cd, rather than enduring long
downloads.

> Also, is the user manual in the powerpack the same as what is provided in
the installed documentation from Mdk?

----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Actually, here's what the Mandrake Store told me via e-mail:
"The Standard Edition comes with 2 Installation CDs plus one commercial
applications CD

The PowerPack adds 1 International CD, another Commercial application
CD, Sources CD and Contributed Software CD.

StarOffice ($USD 40 value) is also bundled with the PowerPack."