I just joined the group in the hopes that someone will have an answer for me...
I'm installing 9.0 and every time I try, it freezes somewhere in the
install process, just before it's time to pick out
my root password.

It's done this 10 or so times, from everywhere from 15 minutes to 10
seconds complete.

I had 8.2 on, and it worked fine, but the boot system stopped working, and
seeing as 9.0 came out,
I decided to upgrade. :)

Any ideas on why it would freeze up?

Thanks.
Kris, aka The Antiwesley

"What utter dangerous rubbish. Dangerous because this person has mastered the
  tricks of the liberal muck-raker trade; Al Sharpton would be proud of him."
                  - Bob Bernstein, CrackMonkey, 1/27/02