I think he was trying to avoid that.  I'm using raw SQL right now with
MySQL.  I'm going to try to write my own frontend at some point using
the C API for MySQL and curses.

Ken Wilson
First Law of Optimization: The speed of a nonworking program is
irrelevant
(Steve Heller, 'Efficient C/C++ Programming')