On Tuesday 01 October 2002 11:55 pm, you wrote:
> I have written about a problem with downloading and using the install disk
> for md 9.0. Still having that problem. Right now I am downloading it from
> mandrake 8.2. The others have been in windows XP. I am really trying to
> give linux a fair chance. 9.0 looks very promising to me. I need to be able
> to use my dvd rom tho. I have a AMD k7 duron 1.2 procesor, g-force vid
> card. Mandrake 8.2 installed with no problems. Might just have to wait for
> the official release to come out. Was going to buy it anyway but wanted to
> install it now. I get the opening screen and hit enter and get a black
> screen. Have hit f1 and tried the other install methods with no luck. Any
> ideas guys?
>
> Walt
which geforce card? don't worry about the DVDrom, unless it is a really
strange one and not IDE, it will work. might have to download some added
codecs and stuff depending on the movies you want to watch, but you can even
get Mandrake install DVDs that have everything on one disk, and read from the
dvd at bootup