-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Mandrake
Development @ Networks East
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 8:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] iso downloading problems

The mirror sites are VERY busy right now.  That is probably causing your
download problems.

I am having the same problem

I checked my download of disk one with md5sum and everything checks out.
I still get a blank screen if I try to load it on boot-up. I did do a
live install in 8.2 and had some problems with the installation. Will
need to repair the installation and will keep trying to do a full
upgrade. Only got partial upgrade right now. Not giving up..linux has
been in my blood for a few years now and it has finally gotten to the
point where I want to use it exclusively.

walt