----- Original Message -----
From: Linus Drouhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:00:30 -0500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] usb printer probs in 9.0?

> I have been having problems with printers in general
with 9.0.  I have a
> Stylus 777 (Epson) connected through USB.  Sometimes
PrinterDrake can find
> it, other times not.  I've successfully printed two test
pages.  That's all.
> The rest of the time it gets "stuck" and I get the
message "usb port
> busy...will retry in 30 seconds"  well, the pages never
come out.  Deleting
> and reinstalling the printer has only worked once.
>
> I tried an old HP Laser Jet with my parallel port.  I've
had one test page
> print, and it took 20 minutes or more before it came
out.  Otherwise, same
> similar problem to Espon.  Right now I have no working
printers and am just
> about ready to go back to 8.2.
>
> Linus

Hi Linus,
I wonder if these problems are very common? I can't recall
reading of any particular problems with printing from any
of the beta testers on here.

I have my Epson Stylus Color 480SXU working under 9.0,
after a bit of struggle, and it seems to be OK right now.
It gave me no problems under 8.2 at all. I'm a newbie to
Linux, and it is hard to keep from getting frustrated with
"challenges". I like Mdk a lot though, and I'm going to
keep at learning Linux. I am starting to get to the point
where I can sort out some of the little "challenges",
thanks to this list, and others, where ppl are kind enough
to share their knowledge w/learners like me. :)

As long as you're having fun....that's the main thing!

Good luck to you Linus!

--Angus

PS. You have a great name for a Linux user. ;-)

"This is the Earth School......always in session. Now is
the right time to learn, and teach."--A.A.
Download the FREE Opera browser at www.opera.com/download/

Free OperaMail at http://www.operamail.com/