On Wednesday 09 October 2002 06:30 am, you wrote:
> I just fired up my Mandrake Linux 8.2 after some time.  I discovered that
>   my printer doesn't work.
>
>   It is a HP 1100 Laser Jet.  The Control Center Printing Manager shows the
> icon for 1100 in italics.
>
>   Under Information it shows Location <Not Available> and Local Printer
>   Queue (unknown)
>
>   Under Properties it has printer type unknown.
>
>   Another window shows that there are jobs in the printer queue and
> printing.
>
> I re-installed Mandrake.  During the re-install the printer queue printed,
> but now I am back to the same situation.
>

>   What do I do?

That just happened to me, only I could print out of Kwrite but not out of
OpenOffice.  Not available was what showed up in Location.  Also, I could
print a test page from cups admin, but not from spadmin.  I went to Mandrake
Control Center>Hardware>Printers and configured my printer (on a remote Cups
server) again.  Interestingly, I had to do that at least 3 times before it
took.   So, configure from Mandrake Control Center, and be aware you may have
to do it more than once.  The clue that the configuration finally sunk in was
when I could print a testpage via the Control Center.

e.