I thought the video card was the killer clue.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Notforyou [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 12:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Mandrake 9 installation hangs after partition
selections -- more info

On Mon, 2002-10-14 at 06:32, Ed Tharp wrote:
> On Monday 14 October 2002 01:35 am, Mike Burgener wrote:
> > is that a notebook??? from compaq?
> I did not know an audigy was included in a notebook.

Or that AMD has released an Athlon 2100+ for a notebook.
(Are there even any of those Athlon XP xxxx+ processors for notebooks?
This one's a Duron.)

> > At 08:55 13.10.2002 -0400, you wrote:
> > >I am not sure about all the problems, but the last one; "(EE): No
device
> > >found" is not from the monitor, it is from the card, (I have the
same
> > >videocard chipset) and if you are using 9.0 select the Nvidia
FBdev, and
> > >enjoy, and later on you can install the nvidia drivers if you
decide to.

configuration, I get
Selecting

NVidia

> > >Want to buy your Pack or Services from MandrakeSoft?
> > >Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
>

> ----

> Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com
--
*Michael Notforyou*
Registered Linux User #197888

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street