I'm running Mandrake 9.0 and KDE.

When I first install and log in for the first time and click the
removable media icon I can access my CD-ROM to browse files.  However
when I close the file manager window and wish to log in later the CD-ROM
icon now has a padlock sign on it and when I click it I am told I do not
have permission to access it.  This also obviously effects my ability to
install software from the mandrake CD'S.

I also have read only access to my two other separate fat32 partitions.
One is a partition on the same disk Mandrake is installed on and the
other is a separate hdd.  I should be able to have write permissions as
well as read shouldn't I?

Can someone help me get back the access rights to the CD-ROM and also
gain the write access to the other partitions that I need please?

Thanks