-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of RichardA
Sent: Wednesday, 16 October 2002 4:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [newbie] Security alert

Roman Korcek, Tuesday 15 October 2002 11:47:
> Hi,
>
> >>if you still think that Black Ice Defender is a good firewall have a
look
> >> at this website http://www.grc.com and see what results it had when
> >> tested.
> >>
> >>having BID installed on your windowz machine can be even worse that
> >> having no firewall at all (i.e. false sense of security). when you need
> >> a firewall, ZoneAlarm is the choice.
> >
> > i did indeed go to the site below and my Black Ice Defender proved
> > completely stealthy. thank you..........
>
> It is not a problem with inbound traffic (which you probably tested),
> it's a problem with outbound traffic.
>
> http://grc.com/lt/leaktest.htm
> and
> http://grc.com/lt/bidresponse.htm

Although ZoneAlarm is a good software firewall, grc.com is not the place to
go for unbiased information about it.

BTW, Steve Gibson was frothing at the mouth before Win XP was released,
saying because it could spoof packets the whole web would crash and burn...

It didn't.

He likes CAPITALS and MELODRAMA.

RichardA