El Mar 15 Oct 2002 17:56, Ronald J. Hall escribió:
> Well, I just d/led and installed the latest MPlayer. I went to PLF and
> grabbed all the required dependencies (AFAICT) and I compiled it. Its
> running, I can play DVD's, DIVX, and VCD's... So I thought I'd be brave and
> use Mencoder to rip a DVD. I looked at the docs, tracked down some Mencoder
> references from the Mandrake news archive, and tried this:
>
> mencoder -dvd 1 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=633 -oac
> mp3lame -lameopts br=96:cbr -o Ronin_2.avi
>
> This is all on one line of course. The DVD was a Ronin Warriors cartoon
> set. It took some time, but appeared to work. I've got a 424.8 meg AVI file
> which MPlayer will play.
>
> I have to admit though, that I was a wee bit disappointed in the video
> quality (audio seems fine). I noticed some "artifacting" where colors blend
> together. Is there a setting that I can change/use to increase the video
> quality that will still keep it in the filesize range that will allow it to
> be burnt to a CD? I'd love to be able to give just 2 copies to my sons
> (they don't have DVD's in their comps).
>
> Thanks a lot! :-)

Hola. Ronald:

I'm using 'video dvd rip' (plf). With a nice gui, dvdrip let you choose every
parameters (video bitrate; 1,2,3,4 CDs as target media, preview images,
etc.). I think mencoder is part of dvdrip. Steps are: Storage location>RIP
title>Clip &Zoom>Transcode>Burn.

Buena suerte.

Sorry: I'm not so good with English.
--