If a user mounts a CD, an entry is made to /etc/mtab indicating what
happened, the parameters, which user, and the like.

However, if a user mounts a cd and then logs out, no other users except
for that person and root can unmount it, presumably because the mtab file
is check to see who mounted it in the first place.  Is it possible to do
one of the following?:

1) Make a shutdown script for KDE so that when the user logs out, all CD's
are unmounted automatically, and if so, how?

2) Change some system setting so that anyone can unmount a CD, no matter
who mounted it?

I have read the man pages but with nothing on the mtab file more than
mention of its existence...

"A man page is a lot like sex: even when it's lousy, it's a lot better
than nothing..."

Secondary question: how does the icon link on the KDE desktop work?  I
realize it's a file CDROM.kdelink, but what is KDE doing in the background
to mount/unmount the drive?  Can I mess with it?  I've looked at the
properties, I'm looking for something a little deeper...

Later,
 David

"Without the Law, there is no Liberty.  Without Justice, there is no Law."