Hi again folks,

I'm setting up a new machine running LM9.0 that I'm planning on using as an
MP3 server for my stereo system.

The machine (a Dell Optiplex GX1) has on-board sound (ISA), which output very
low sound levels and I'm afraid might not have very good fidelity, so I
disabled it in BIOS and installed an SBLive! card I had laying around.

Both HardDrake and sndconfig see the card, but report that it is unsupported.

I checked the Creatuive Labs web site and downloaded 2 sets of drivers that
only work on kernels of version 2.2-ish.

I see messages form people using the SBLive in 9.0, but no idea how they "make
it so."

Am I SOL here?  Should I go back to the on-board sound card and try to tweak
the gain settings?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
David Johnson -- RLU# 236992
 10:57am  up 16:07,  1 user,  load average: 0.02, 0.06, 0.08