Charles,

It is a PCI card.  A standard SBLive card.

lspcidrake -v reports the following with regard to the card:

snd-emu10k1     : Creative Labs|SB Live! (audio) [MULTIMEDIA_AUDIO]
(vendor:1102 device:0002 subv:1102 subd:8022).

That being said, I'm unsure how to change the drivers that are assigned to the
card.  Draksound reports the same thing sndconfig reported:  That the card is
unsupported.

When I try to play a sound through it via XMMS, I get a "Can't open audio"
error.  When using mpg123 from the command line, I get:

/dev/dsp: No such file or directory
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory
/dev/dsp: No such file or directory
audio: No such file or directory

Maybe I'm just mis-configured?  It looks as though the system is trying to use
the emu10k1 driver.  Could this be a holdover from when I was running with
the on-board (ISA) sound card?

--
  2:50pm  up 20:00,  1 user,  load average: 0.20, 0.06, 0.02