On Tuesday 29 Oct 2002 4:44 am, Miark wrote:
> I figured out tonight that if I, using drakxservices, shutdown
> autofs, then I can halt or reboot without a problem. I expect
> you'll experience the same thing, Dave.
>
> So what is autofs and what happens if I leave it off permanently?
>
> Miark

autofs is a method of automatically mounting file systems such as CDs or NFS
shares whenever they become available. It is like an alternative to
supermount. If you have not started autofs intentionally, then you almost
certainly do not want it running. You should stop it starting at boot.
http://www.linux-consulting.com/Amd_AutoFS/autofs.html

derek