Langsley T Russell wrote:

Without question I find the most frustrating element of Mandrake Linux,
the installation of application software.

Yesterday I downloaded and "installed" Amaya HTML editor and browser. I
used the Mandrake RPM for version 6.1. Even though my system tells me
the installation is complete, I am unable to find it anywhere. I've
searched the software manager for anything named amaya and Amaya. I've
also searched the file manager for both amaya and Amaya and the only
thing I find is the RPM I downloaded. I tried reinstalling but the
installer told me I already had everything installed. I tried
downloading and installing the Mandrake RPM for Amaya 6.4, and I get the
same message, "you already have everything installed".

That may be true, but where do I find it, so that I can make use of it?!

Anybody? TIA

LTR

One useful tip is to sellect the file structure tab in one
of the rpm install windows and look to see where the main
binaries are going to be installed, and what they are called,
before you actually do so. It is not so uncommon to find
the programme is called one thing while the executable is
called another.
John

--
John Richard Smith