At 11:04 PM 10/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:

<large oopherectomy size snip *don't ask use google if you're reeeeeeeallly curious :P*

As with all solutions, this one has to be scrutinized, have its tires kicked
and maybe tested out to see if it fits your own problem. However, I have to
wonder if many of us out there that are putting Linux onto a Windows
computer for the first time just never think to check the BIOS to make sure
that Linux gets a fair chance at making things work right. ;-)

Hoped this helps someone else out there. I'd feel awful lonely knowing no
one else had this problem...

Heh, don't worry about it luv, believe me we've all done that once. At least. :)

Glad you found the solution! I'm going to try setting it to YES anyway & reinstall linux just for giggles cause I want to see the results.
---
Femme