> Couple of things to check.
> 1/ In your /etc/exports file there should not be any spaces between the subnet
> mask and the (rw) access.

No space between

> 2/ If you can see the share displayed in the MCC GUI, then the share is
> obviously being exported. But have you been putting anything in the
> /etc/hosts.allow, and /etc/hosts.deny files ? Mine are both blank.
 Both blank, well, there are a few commentlines but that doesn't matter or should not
at least

> 3/ Is the portmap service running? (Not sure if it is needed, but mine is
> running)

Yes, it is

> 4/ Do you have a firewall running on that interface? (That would kinda kill
> NFS operation)

Not that I am aware of, we do have a router that connects us to the internet but that
should not have any effect that I can figure out at least

> (BTW: NFS is not very secure and should not be used on any Lan segment which
> is not 'trusted'. )

Fortunately our LAN is small, only 6 boxes all in all, and we are only NFS'ing between
two of them

/Anders