At 03:49 PM 11/1/2002 +0000, you wrote:
On Friday 01 Nov 2002 12:11 pm, you wrote:
> technically you can, but by all accounts you still might as well throw a
> d12 to determine if your files remain uncorrupted! mount read only and use
> a shared fat partition if you wish to transfer files between os's
>
> bascule
>
> On Friday 01 Nov 2002 7:21 am, Markus Bela wrote:
> > Can I write W2 NTFS file system with MADK 9.0? Eralier this was poaaible
> > to read only.

I strongly support this statement.  True, W2K is very much more stable than
Win98, but after a long period of use I suddenly had a massive BSOD from
which I could not recover, and I could not even re-install W2K again.  I
don't believe Linux was in any way responsible for this, but the point is
that all my data was in fat32 partitions, and therefore safe.  So, for my
money, whether windows only or dual boot, I would use separate partitions for
data always, and fat32 are the most useful if dual booting.  I have a good
many partitions, and have had no problems whatsoever with this.

Anne

Ironically (?) for me the one partition that corrupted was my FAT32 partition with a bunch of info/personal stuff I was going to burn that week for safe keeping :(

Sigh
---
Femme