On Friday 01 Nov 2002 11:19 pm, Andy wrote:
> i don't know if im allowed to sorta "bump" this message, sorry if i do, but
> i really want help on this :-/

Did you run the 'scanner' installation GUI from Mandrake Control Centre? If so
then it will install the driver for the HP3300c which is supported in
Mandrake 9.0, but not in 8.2

Also how are you trying to scan images? You should either be running Kooka or
XSane  If they are not in your Kmenu>Multimedia>Graphics menu then you need
to install the RPMs for them.

As for the camera. I do not have one of those, and the gphoto2 project does
not list it( http://gphoto.sourceforge.net/proj/libgphoto2/support.php  ) so
it may not be supported. Many people get around this issue by using a cheap
Flash card reader to read their camera images.

derek