I am using Galeon as my web browser, and have this;

galeon '%s'

in my config for launching an external web browser.

>From what I understand, "galeon" launches the web browser, and "'%s'"
adds the link you click on.  Hope this works!

Myself, am using Sylpheed claws version 0.8.5

As for your address problem, just a guess - but it seems you might
already have a newbie entry for @tarazed.demon.co.uk in your address
book.

Good Luck!
Steve