On Sat, 2 Nov 2002 12:28:15 +0000 (GMT)
Len Lawrence <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Getting used to Sylpheed now.  It still seems a bit awkward compared
> with the facility of pine and there is one feature (from pine) which I
> really miss; the ability to double-click on a web link and spawn a
> browser to access it.  In sylpheed the links come up in green, but
> nothing happens when you click or double-click on them, and there does
> not seem to be any way to define a default browser in the configuration
> menu.  Perhaps somebody knows a way?  The Help option does not -
> probably still to be written.
>
> Using version 0.7.3 under Mandrake 8.2.
>
> When I tried to send this using the alias "newbie" from the address book
> sylpheed failed to translate to [EMAIL PROTECTED] but wrote
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Pine does alias translation without a
> problem, so I am being forced to revert to pine.

Your version of sylpheed is pretty old--can you upgrade? You can get 0.8.3
from rpmfind. IIRC, there were problems with the address book in 0.7.x.

Aliases work fine for me. Just type the alias and hit the tab key and it
will auto complete for you. If you have more than one alias that begins
with the same characters, tabbing will give you a drop down list to choose
from. So, if I have aliases marka, markb, and markc, typing mark and then
hitting tab will bring up a drop down menu including all three marks.
Pretty handy.

As for the browser, Configuration > Common Preferences > Other and type
the path to the browser you want to use, or choose a common one from the
drop-down menu (in Claws 0.8.3).

HTH,
Todd

--
Todd Slater
The current tune is Stevie Wonder - You are the Sunshine of My life