On Friday 01 November 2002 01:48 pm, Michael wrote:
> After 4 years of trying to get my wife to try Linux, I finally have the
> chance.  Her Win98 box is hosed and she can't even get in in safe mode to
> fix it because of some security login feature she installed.  I told her if
> she had Linux on there too, she could at least access it via wine.
>
> My question is: it has been 4 years since I did any dual boot installs and
> i want this to go right.  Will the basic 8.2 install handle the
> repartioning and boot information itself, or should I do a custom install?
> I wanted her to do most of it by herself just to see how easy Linux
> installs.
>
> TIA,
>
> Michael
well... since it is _your_ wife.... my advice would be; get a pizza, a bottle
of wine, put the kids over at grammy's, give her the first cd, look her in
the eyes, tell her to "put it in" but do the "expert" as oppossed to
recomended, and set up the partitions you want, without hosen the winparts,
and you won't really need to have wine, you can prolly fix the thing from
accessing the hosed win-drive from inside kde