From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:newbie-owner@;linux-mandrake.com]On Behalf Of Miark
Sent: Sunday, 3 November 2002 12:03 PM
To: Newbie
Subject: [newbie] Dog-slow networking

I have four machines on my home network: a routing machine, and
three boxes. When I download from the Internet to my laptop, it's
as fast as my cable service: 180KB/sec. When I download to
my desktop, it's 4.5KB/sec, and stalls frequently. I thought it was
a fluke. So when I FTPed from the laptop to my desktop--yes, across my
network--it's 4.5K and stall frequently.

There's obviously something _seriously_ wrong with my desktop, but
what could it be? Both it and my laptop are running 9.0. I tried
rebooting, but it made no difference.

Help!
Miark