On Sunday 03 November 2002 9:52 pm, Carl J. Bauman wrote:
> I just upgraded from 8.2 to 9.0 about a week ago and am really loving
> the new version.  Kudos to all who contributed to it.  I didn't have any
> of the issues that I've seen from others on the list.  I had to
> re-install my Nvidia drivers but other than that the only issues are
> relatively trivial.
>
> For instance, in 8.2, under Configuration->KDE->LookNFeel->Screensavers
> there were several different screensavers to choose from but in 9.0 all
> I see are "Blank", "Mandrake Slideshow", "Tux", and "random".  Are the
> rest available on some package I haven't loaded yet?
>
> Thanks,
> Carl

If you're into screensavers then you really want to install xscreensaver plus
the gl bits of it too and then put a link in the .kde/Autostart folder to
start it automatically when you startup kde;

ln -s /usr/X11R6/bin/xscreensaver ~/.kde/Autostart/xscreensaver

You can then configure the programme by running xscreensaver-demo
I think you'll be impressed!

                Robin