At 09:28 PM 11/3/2002 -0600, you wrote:

A friend and I have been discussing linux in general and Mandrake in particular.
below is part of a email that I received from him. Can anyone suggest some good
reading material for this guy?

Thanks all
Marc

>> Personaly I have always found that working with it while I am
>> learning works best for me . On computers and about anything elese
>>for that matter. But maybe that is just me I seem to learn in kinda a
>>different way than most people.
>
>That's usually true for me to, but in this case, don't want to upset my
>applecart with regarding the things I use everyday... If I had a third
>computer to play and learn on, that'd be different. And remember
>learning enough to run my own is not enough, I want to be able to work
>on others as well. So a lot of playing and futzing is required. And I'm
>the kinda guy thats gotta have a gestalt. I need to build a construct
>in my head of how this thing works and where all the switches and
>buttons are just like I have with Winblows. Right now, I'm just
>learning the terminology. And the tutuorials I'm finding so far are all
>geek speek. They use one set of technical terms to explain another...
>it's a circle.

Practical Linux, Mark G. Sobell

good book tho i found parts of it useless... most of it helped me learn as your friend does.
---
Femme